The Flood Warning continues for
the Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* Until this evening.
* At 4 am Monday the stage was 16.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity... the maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
4 am Monday was 17.2 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact... at 17.0 feet... floodwaters begin to enter the store at
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 16.0 feet
on may 10 2013.
River flood observed 2pm 8pm 2am 8am crest
location stage stg day time Mon Mon Tue Tue stg day time
Edwards Ferry 15.0 16.8 Mon 4 am 15.2 14.1 13.3 12.7
Lat... Lon 3923 7744 3913 7745 3908 7730 3903 7736
3905 7745 3911 7755 3920 7754
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Loudoun Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:35 AM EDT May. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Ashburn Farm
- Ashburn Junction
- Ashburn Village
- Ashby Ponds
- Belmont Country Club
- Belmont Greene
- Broad Run Farms
- Burns Crossroads
- Dulles Town Center
- Evergreen Mills
- Gilberts Corner
- Lansdowne Town Center
- Little Washington
- Lowes Island
- Moorefield Station
- Potomac Falls
- Potomac Farms
- South Riding
- Sterling Park
- Sugarland Run
- University Center
- Virts Corner