... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 9 am MDT Wednesday above 9000 feet...
* timing... light snow or rain/snow mix will begin late this
morning, changing over to all snow by late this afternoon. Snow
will continue through early Wednesday morning with periods of
moderate to heavy snow at times.
* Snow accumulation... 8 to 14 inches with locally higher amounts
above 10,000 feet.
* Snow level... 8000 to 9000 feet this afternoon, lowering to around
6000 to 7000 feet by Wednesday morning. Snow levels may rise
during the afternoons. Significant snow accumulations will be
mainly above 9000 feet, with lesser amounts below.
* Winds... southwest winds 15 to 25 with gusts to 40 mph, switching
to northwest by this evening.
* Visibility... lowering to less than 1/2 mile at times in heavier
* Impacts... high elevation roadways will become slick and
snowpacked. In addition, snow and areas of blowing snow will
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Uinta Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:54 AM MDT Mar. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service