The Flood Warning continues for the Copano Creek near Refugio.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:30 am Sunday the stage was 14.1 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast: the river will continue to fall to a stage of 13.6 feet
by tomorrow morning.
* At 16.0 feet moderate lowland flooding occurs. The river rises to
low steel of The Farm to Market 774 bridge.
Lat... Lon 2848 9729 2854 9718 2831 9704 2822 9697
2816 9710 2833 9717
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Refugio Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:39 AM CDT Jun. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 4:24 AM CDT Jun. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Heat indices between 105 and 109 degrees are expected today...
... A few pockets of 110+ degrees also possible over the southern
coastal Bend and Laredo...
The combination of warm temperatures and high dewpoints will
produce heat indices between 105 and 109 degrees today, with
isolated pockets of 110+ degrees possible. Residents with outdoor
activities planned are urged to drink plenty of water, wear light
weight and light colored clothing and take frequent breaks from
the heat. Young children and pets should never be left unattended
in vehicles under any circumstances. This is especially true
during warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes.