The Flood Warning continues for
the Nueces River at Cotulla.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:00 am Friday the stage was 15.6 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Forecast: the river will fall slightly but remain in moderate
flood, then a secondary rise this weekend will result in major
flooding, with a crest above 20 feet next week.
* At 20.0 feet major and massive lowland flooding occurs. Evacuations
of livestock and a few residential properties along the river
required. Many roads near the river will flood, including FM 3408
from I-35, Valley Wells Road, the frontage Road near mile marker 67.
Flooding also occurs on Dobie Road including in and around Highway
624. FM 624 also floods south of Highway 97 toward Fowlerton.
Below are the latest river stages and stage forecasts:
fld latest forecast 6 am lst
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
Cotulla 15 15.6 Fri 08 am 15.3 16.4 19.1 20.1 18.8
Lat... Lon 2859 9940 2818 9894 2817 9880 2807 9880
2808 9906 2841 9939
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
La Salle Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:10 AM CDT Oct. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service