... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 10 PM PDT Monday for
abundant lightning and gusty outflow winds for fire weather zone
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 11 am to 10 PM PDT Monday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... in Oregon... fire weather zone 644.
* Timing... thunderstorms will develop late Monday morning,
increasing Monday afternoon and evening.
* Lightning activity level... 4 which means abundant lightning is
* Precipitation... storms will initially bring little
precipitation but will gradually become wet with some storms
producing moderate downpours.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly
in The Grasses and shrubs. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Baker County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:42 PM PDT Jun. 25, 2017 – National Weather Service