... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT
Sunday for abundant lightning on dry fuels for fire weather zones
280... 281... 282... 284... 285... 621... 622... 623... 624 and 625...
* impacts: gusty and erratic thunderstorm winds can contribute to
fire spread. Additionally, despite any rainfall, any lightning
strikes can create new ignitions which may overwhelm initial
attack resources and create holdover fires.
* Affected area: all of Siskiyou and Modoc counties in California
except west of Highway 96 in Siskiyou County. For Oregon, the
warning covers the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument, the
southern portion of the Rogue River National Forest, and the
southern half of Klamath and lake counties excluding Hart
* Thunderstorms: will start to develop late morning, with the
strongest and most widespread development late afternoon into
* Humidity: as low as 12 percent.
* Wind: west 5 to 10 mph. Winds could become erratic and gust to 30
mph near thunderstorms.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* one less spark, one less wildfire
Visit US at www.Weather.Gov/Medford
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central and Eastern Lake County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 8:49 PM PDT Jul. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service