... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 10 am Thursday to 4 am PST
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am Thursday to 4 am
* what... in the warning area... snow and blowing snow expected with
wind gusts to 60 mph possible. Localized heavy snow and white
out conditions possible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8
inches, with localized amounts up to 10 inches. In the advisory
area... total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches with snow and
blowing snow. Gusts to 45 mph possible.
* Where... northern and eastern Klamath County and Western Lake
County and central and Eastern Lake County. Locations in the
warning area include areas above about 5500 feet including
winter rim and Warner pass. Locations in the advisory area
include Modoc Point, Chemult, and some stretches of Highway 140
between Klamath Falls and Lakeview.
* When... for the Winter Storm Warning, from 10 am Thursday to 4
am PST Friday. For the Winter Weather Advisory, from 10 am
Thursday to 4 am PST Friday.
* Additional details... plan on difficult travel conditions.
Damage to trees and power lines is likely. Be prepared for
significant reductions in visibility at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central and Eastern Lake County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:34 PM PST Nov. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:29 PM PST Nov. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
... High Wind Warning in effect from 10 am Thursday to 4 am PST
... Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am Thursday to 7 PM PST
The National Weather Service in Medford has upgraded the high wind
watch to a High Wind Warning and a Wind Advisory... both of which
are in effect from 10 am Thursday to 4 am PST Friday.
* Winds: southwest 25 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph in the
advisory area. Southwest 40 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph in
the warning area.
* Timing: winds will strengthen through the morning Thursday,
reaching a peak in the afternoon and evening.
* Locations in the warning include: Paisley, Summer Lake, Highway
31 in the Summer Lake area, and the high terrain of the Hart
and Warner ranges.
* Locations in the advisory include: all other areas of central
and Eastern Lake County, including Fort Rock, Silver Lake,
Adel, and Lakeview.
* Impacts: travel will be difficult or hazardous for lightweight
and high profile vehicles. Loose outdoor objects or materials
could get blown about. Wind may damage trees and vulnerable
structures. Blowing dust and/or snow may significantly reduce
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is
expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will
be impacted, especially for high profile vehicles.