... Air stagnation advisory now in effect until 4 am PST Tuesday...
* air quality... poor mixing and light winds will keep stagnant
conditions in place through at least Monday night. A brief
period of improvement is possible Saturday. Pollutants may be
trapped near ground level and this will result in reduced air
quality at times. The Oregon department of environmental quality
has issued an air pollution advisory which is in effect until
further notice for Douglas County.
* Locations include... valleys in Douglas County.
* Impacts... pollutants in smoke may aggravate heart and lung
disease and aggravate other serious health problems. Limit
outdoor activities when air quality is reduced. Diminished air
quality can create respiratory problems, especially for
sensitive groups. Please follow medical advice if you have a
heart or lung condition.
* For additional information on the air quality alert... please
visit the web site at http://www.Oregon.Gov/deq
* check the latest air quality information at
* view the hazard area in detail at
An air stagnation advisory indicates that due to limited movement
of an airmass across the advisory area, pollution will increase.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Douglas County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Air Stagnation Advisory
Issued: 1:41 PM PST Nov. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service