... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM MST this evening...
* location... northwest plateau and Chuska Mountains, San Francisco
River Valley, west slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains,
lower Rio Grande Valley, Estancia valley, south Central
Highlands, upper Tularosa Valley, Raton ridge/Johnson Mesa, far
northeast Highlands, northeast Highlands, Union, Harding,
eastern San Miguel, Guadalupe, and Quay counties, and the Chaves
* Winds... southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... strong winds will continue into the evening before
tapering off by 9 PM.
* Visibility... dropping below one mile at times in dust prone
* Local impacts... dangerous Crosswinds will develop on northwest
to southeast oriented roads. Light and unsecured objects may
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Far Northeast Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 5:27 PM MST Jan. 21, 2019 – National Weather Service