... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 am MST Tuesday...
* location... this includes the south central mountains and
southwest Chaves County.
* Winds... southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph,
becoming west early Tuesday morning.
* Timing... winds will peak late afternoon into the evening hours,
then gradually decrease Tuesday morning.
* Visibility... locally reduced from blowing dust. Some areas of
blowing snow may locally reduce visibility early Tuesday
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution,
especially with cross winds.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 11:48 AM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 2:34 PM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
The combination of moderate instability and strong winds are
producing gusty showers, with embedded thunder and lightning over
small areas of northern and central New Mexico. These showers
though will be capable of producing wind gusts of 45 to 55 mph as
well as pea size hail. Rain amounts will be mostly below a tenth
of an inch. Showers will persist through the remainder of the