... High Wind Warning in effect from 11 am to noon MDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 11 am to noon MDT Sunday.
The high wind watch has been cancelled.
* Location... upper Tularosa Valley.
* Winds... west winds at 30 to 45 mph with gusts 50 to 60 mph.
* Timing... winds will develop early Sunday afternoon and
continue through mid evening Sunday.
* Visibility... local reductions due to blowing dust will be
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution,
especially on north-south oriented roads.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper Tularosa Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:53 PM MDT Mar. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service