... High Wind Warning in effect from 11 am Sunday to 1 am MDT
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 11 am Sunday to 1 am MDT
Monday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... the Sandia and Manzano Mountains southward to the
Sacramento Mountains and eastward to the Texas border.
* Winds... west winds at 35 to 45 mph with gusts 55 to 70 mph.
* Timing... winds will develop early Sunday afternoon and
continue through mid evening Sunday.
* Visibility... local reductions due to blowing dust will be
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This
especially includes travel on U.S. Highway 54 and U.S. Highway
285, and other north-south oriented roads.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:53 PM MDT Mar. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service