... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon Saturday to
midnight MDT Saturday night for low relative humidity and gusty
winds for fire weather zones 112 and 114 below 5000 feet...
... Red flag warning will expire at 11 PM MDT this evening for low
relative humidity and gusty winds for fire weather zones 112 and
114 below 5000 feet...
* affected area... in Montana, fire weather zones 112 eastern
Glacier/Toole/central/eastern Pondera/Liberty and 114 Lewis And
Clark National Forest Rocky Mountain district-Rocky Mountain
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon through evening as well as Saturday
afternoon through Saturday evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 13 percent.
* Temperatures... highs around upper 80s to lower 90s.
* Impacts... low humidity and gusty west winds could create
critical fire weather conditions for grassland locations.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Teton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 10:35 PM MDT Jul. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service