... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 11 am MST
* what... heavy snow and blowing snow expected. Travel will be very
difficult, including during the evening commute on Tuesday.
Damage to trees, power lines, and buildings is possible. Total
snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet expected in the foothills,
with higher amounts over Marias Pass and in the mountains.
* Where... northern Rocky Mountain front.
* When... until 11 am MST Wednesday. The heaviest snow is expected
* Additional details... winds gusting as high as 45 to 55 mph will
cause widespread blowing and drifting snow, especially favored
locations along and east of the mountains.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow and blowing snow means severe
winter weather conditions are expected. If you must travel, keep
an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. The latest Road conditions can be obtained by calling
5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Rocky Mountain Front Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 2:57 PM MST Dec. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service
High Wind Warning
Issued: 2:37 PM MST Dec. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service
... High Wind Warning in effect until 11 am MST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect until 11 am MST Monday.
* Winds: west 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 65 mph. Gusts up to 80
mph along the immediate Front Range of The Rockies.
* Timing: strong winds will continue through Monday morning with
peak wind gusts likely to occur late tonight through early
* Impacts: damaging winds may blow down trees and power lines.
Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
In addition localized blowing and drifting of snow may reduce
visibility at times in areas where snow is present.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph, or gusts
of 58 mph or more, can lead to property damage.