... A Flood Warning for snowmelt remains in effect until 300 PM MDT
Sunday for northwestern Madison and northwestern Beaverhead
* increasing snowmelt rates combined with multiple rounds of showers
and thunderstorms is expected to lead to continued rises along the
Big Hole river through the Memorial Day weekend.
Point forecast for the Big Hole river near Melrose.
* As of 9 am Thursday, the stage was 6.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 7.5 feet by
* Impacts... water will continue to impact agricultural land along
the river, as well as a couple of homes in the meriweather
subdivision. Water may also impact sections of Burma Road.
Irrigation equipment near the river needs to be protected.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Those planning to recreate on or near the Big Hole river for
Memorial Day weekend are encouraged to be mindful of fast flows and
higher water levels.
Lat... Lon 4578 11341 4575 11336 4580 11335 4587 11322
4588 11312 4581 11300 4576 11277 4563 11270
4565 11263 4550 11259 4564 11239 4546 11235
4538 11271 4568 11281 4579 11319 4559 11340
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Beaverhead Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 9:51 AM MDT May. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service