The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Canton ld20
* until Friday evening.
* At 10:00 am Tuesday the stage was 15.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to continue rising to near 15.1 feet by this
afternoon, then fall below flood stage Thursday evening.
* Impact: at 14.0 feet... both banks begin to overflow. Minor damages
* Impact: at 9.0 feet... above 8.7 to 9.2 feet, the corps will raise
The Gates out of the water, allowing for "open river" conditions.
This corresponds to a discharge of approximately 110,000 cfs.
* Impact: at 8.5 feet... the corps will not allow the pool level to
drop below 8.5 feet (higher flows below 100k). At low flows, they
allow a 2-foot variation between 11.0 and 13.0 feet. At higher
flows below 100k, the range is actually lower, between 8.5 and 10.5
feet. Above 110k cfs, The Gates are raised above the water
surface, allowing open river conditions.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 05/23 05/24 05/25 05/26 05/27
Canton ld20 14.0 15.08 14.7 14.2 13.7 13.3 12.8
Lat... Lon 4022 9154 4022 9142 4003 9140 4003 9153
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lewis Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:00 AM CDT May. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service