The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Clarksville ld24
* from Friday morning to Tuesday morning.
* At 10:30 am Wednesday the stage was 23.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 25.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by Friday morning
and crest near 25.7 feet by Saturday early afternoon.The river will
fall below flood stage by Monday morning.
* Impact: at 25.5 feet... State Route p east of Elsberry begins
flooding just east of the levee.
* Impact: at 25.3 feet... the Road to port Marmac, about 15 homes just
south of Clarksville, begins flooding.
* Impact: at 23.5 feet... flooding begins in unprotected areas.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 07/27 07/28 07/29 07/30 07/31
Clarksville ld 25.0 23.42 24.1 25.0 25.6 25.6 25.0
Lat... Lon 3939 9097 3945 9089 3938 9077 3923 9071
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Calhoun Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:02 AM CDT Jul. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:50 AM CDT Jul. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Heat advisory remains in effect from noon today to 8 PM CDT
* timing... this afternoon and early evening.
* Heat index values... around 105 due to temperatures in the mid to upper
90s, and dewpoints in the lower to mid 70s.
* Impacts... the combination of hot temperatures and high
humidity will likely lead to an increased risk of heat-
related stress and illness. The very Young, the elderly, those
without air conditioning, and those participating in strenuous
outdoor activities will be the most susceptible. Also, car
interiors can reach lethal temperatures in a matter of minutes.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures and high
humidity will occur. This combination will create a situation in
which heat-related illnesses are possible, especially for those
living in un-air conditioned homes or apartments. People in the
advisory area are advised to avoid poorly ventilated areas and
prolonged work in the sun. Also, keep plenty of liquids on hand
and try to stay in an air conditioned environment.
Where's baby? Look before you lock! Young children and pets
should never be left unattended in vehicles under any
circumstances. This is especially true during warm or hot weather
when car interiors can reach lethal temperatures in a matter of