... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to
6 PM MDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 6 PM MDT Friday.
* Impacts... travel is expected to be hazardous in the back country
and through mountain passes. Now is the time to prepare your
emergency supply travel kit.
* Timing... starting this afternoon with the heaviest snowfall
during the evening and overnight hours.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 8 inches with accumulations of 7 to 11
inches above 8500 ft.
* Confidence... moderate to high in snow impacts and initial
snowfall timing; moderate regarding the timing of when the snow
* Locations... above 6500 ft of the upper snake Highlands,
including Monida Pass. Above 6500 ft in The Sawtooth mountains,
big and little Wood River region, Lost River/pahsimeroi
including Galena Summit and Willow Creek Summit with heaviest
snow falling above 8500 ft.
a Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lost River/Pashimeroi Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:25 AM MDT Sep. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service