... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late tonight through
* location... Crowley, Otero, Kiowa, bent, Prowers and Baca
* Cause and timing... a strengthening storm system will move
across southern Colorado and New Mexico tonight through
Saturday night, spreading a potentially prolonged period of
moderate to heavy snow and gusty winds across the area.
* Snow accumulation... 6 inches or more with heavier amounts of
up to a foot possible south of Highway 50.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 20 to 40 mph.
* Impact... snow and blowing snow is expected to create dangerous
travel conditions at times, especially south of Highway 50. In
addition, heavy wet snow will be capable of producing tree and
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Kiowa County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 5:22 AM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service