... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this
evening to 6 PM MDT Saturday...
* location... southern El Paso County and eastern Fremont County,
including the cities of Colorado Springs and Canon City.
* Cause and timing... a strengthening storm system will move
across southern Colorado and New Mexico tonight through
Saturday night, spreading rounds of moderate to heavy snow and
gusty winds into the area.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 6 inches with locally higher snow
amounts near the mountains.
* Wind... northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with wind gusts around 40
mph across eastern El Paso County on Saturday.
* Impact... snow and blowing snow is expected to create hazardous
travel conditions at times, particularly tonight through
Saturday morning. In addition, heavy wet snow will be capable
of producing tree and powerline damage.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Canon City Vicinity/Eastern Fremont County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 5:22 AM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service