... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon MDT
* location... Pikes Peak above 11000 feet.
* Cause and timing... a very moist storm system will track slowly
east across central New Mexico into Texas through Wednesday,
spreading heavy snow into the region tonight through Wednesday
* Snow accumulation... 12 to 18 feet with locally higher amounts possible.
* Wind... becoming northeast at 20 to 40 mph.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous due to heavy snowfall, poor
visibilities and snow covered roads.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pikes Peak above 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 2:47 PM MDT Mar. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service