... Winter Storm Warning in effect from midnight tonight to noon
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow, which is in effect from
midnight tonight to noon MDT Friday. This upgrades and replaces
the Winter Storm Watch that was in effect.
* Location... Teller County, the Rampart Range and Pikes Peak
including Woodland Park, Divide and Cripple Creek.
* Cause and timing... a developing storm system will rapidly
intensify on the eastern Colorado plains late tonight into
* Snow accumulation... 8 to 10 inches with locally higher amounts.
* Wind... north 20 to 30 gusting to 45 mph.
* Impact... conditions will be hazardous due to heavy, blowing snow
and poor visibilities. Snow covered roads and poor visibilities
will make travel difficult. Heavy snow may result in power
outages and tree damage.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Teller County/Rampart Range above 7500fT/Pike's Peak Between 7500 And 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 3:44 PM MDT Mar. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service