... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 6 PM this evening
to 6 am MDT Sunday...
* location... the northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the Wet
* Cause and timing... a strengthening storm system will move across
southern Colorado and New Mexico tonight through Saturday night, spreading
heavy snow and gusty winds into the area.
* Snow accumulation... total snow accumulation of 8 to 15 inches
with locally up to 2 feet for the northeast facing slopes of
the Wet Mountains.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with locally
higher wind gusts.
* Impact... snow and blowing snow is expected to create hazardous
travel conditions. In addition, heavy wet snow will be capable
of producing tree and powerline damage.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Wet Mountains above 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 5:22 AM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service