... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 PM this evening to
noon MDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow, which is in effect
from 8 PM this evening to noon MDT Friday. This upgrades and
replaces the Winter Storm Watch that was in effect.
* Location... the Sangre de Cristo Mountains above 11000 feet.
* Cause and timing... a developing storm system will rapidly
intensify on the eastern Colorado plains late tonight into
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 8 inches with locally higher amounts.
* Wind... north 20 to 30 gusting to 50 mph.
* Impact... conditions will be hazardous due to heavy, blowing snow
and poor visibilities. Snow covered roads and poor visibilities
will make travel difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be
prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use
caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Sangre De Cristo Mountains Above 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:44 PM MDT Mar. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service