... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this
evening to 6 PM MDT Saturday...
* location... the western mosquito and eastern sawatch ranges,
the La Garita and eastern San Juan Mountains above 10000 feet
and northwest Fremont County above 8500 feet.
* Cause and timing... a strengthening storm system will move across
southern Colorado and New Mexico tonight through Saturday night, spreading
a prolonged period of snow and gusty winds into the area.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 8 inches with locally up to a foot.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with locally
higher wind gusts.
* Impact... snow and blowing snow at times is expected to create
hazardous travel conditions through Saturday afternoon.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Sawatch Mountains above 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 5:22 AM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service