... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this
evening to noon MDT Wednesday above 9000 feet...
* locations include... Taylor Park and Trappers Lake.
* Timing... light snow or rain/snow mix will begin this late this
afternoon changing over to all snow by late evening and picking
up in intensity. Snow will continue through late Wednesday
morning with lulls along with periods of moderate to heavy snow
at times during this event.
* Snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts
above 10,000 feet.
* Snow level... 8000 to 9000 feet this afternoon, lowering to
around 6000 to 7000 feet by Wednesday morning. Snow levels may rise
during the afternoons. Significant snow accumulations will be
mainly above 9000 feet, with lesser amounts below.
* Winds... southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph this
afternoon switching to northwest by Tuesday morning.
* Visibility... lowering to less than 1/2 mile at times in heavier
* Impacts... high elevation roadways will become slick and
snowpacked. In addition, snow and areas of blowing snow will
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:54 AM MDT Mar. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service
- Bachelor Gulch Village
- Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek Village
- Dowds Junction
- Eagles Nest
- Mid Vail
- Red Cliff
- Snowmass Ski Area
- Snowmass Village
- Vail Mountain Resort
- West Vail
- Woody Creek