... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening
for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* location... mountains and foothills below 6,000 feet, the
valleys, and most of Orange County.
* Winds... areas of northeast winds 20 to 30 mph this morning with
gusts to 45 mph... diminishing during the afternoon. Isolated
gusts to 55 mph are possible in the morning.
* Humidity... humidity will fall to around 10 percent from mid
morning through the afternoon.
* Outlook... weaker and less widespread winds Wednesday and
Thursday with a gradual recovery in humidity.
* Impacts... fuels will continue to dry today, increasing the fire
threat. Outdoor burning should be avoided.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orange County Inland Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:31 AM PDT Oct. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Aliso Viejo
- Buena Park
- East Irvine
- El Toro
- Foothill Ranch
- Fountain Valley
- Garden Grove
- La Habra
- La Palma
- Ladera Ranch
- Laguna Hills
- Laguna Niguel
- Laguna Woods
- Lake Forest
- Los Alamitos
- Midway City
- Mission Viejo
- Rancho Santa Margarita
- San Clemente
- Santa Ana
- Trabuco Canyon
- Villa Park
- Yorba Linda