... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 am to 7 PM PST
* winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... the strongest winds are expected between 10 am and 4
PM PST Saturday.
* Impacts... areas of blowing dust with visibility reduced to
less than one mile locally. High profile vehicles such as
campers and tractor trailers are most vulnerable to strong
cross winds. Highways affected include Highway 140 west of
Merced, Highway 152, Highway 33, Highway 198 west of Lemoore,
Highway 41 west of Stratford in addition to the I-5 corridor.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East-Central San Joaquin Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:38 PM PST Dec. 15, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:05 PM PST Dec. 15, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 PM this evening to
10 am PST Sunday for gusty winds and low humidity for fire
weather zones 216, 217, 218, 219, 263, 264, and 279...
* affected area... fire weather zones 216, 217, 218, 219, 263, 264,
* Wind... north winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
Local gusts of 55 mph will be possible over higher elevations.
* Humidity... minimum humidity readings of 10 to 20 percent
during the day. Poor humidity recovery expected Saturday
night through Sunday morning.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning or any activity that could spark a fire is
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Interact with US via social media