... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 am to 10 PM PST
* what... heavy snow above 4500 feet expected. Travel will be very
difficult to impossible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12
inches, with localized amounts up to 2 feet above 6000 feet, are
* Where... portions of western Siskiyou County above 4500 feet,
including Sawyers Bar Road at Etna Summit, and Highway 3 at
Scott Mountain Summit.
* When... 4 am to 10 PM Wednesday. The heaviest snowfall rates
will occur between 10 am and 4 PM Wednesday.
* Additional details... look for significant reductions in
visibility at times. Gusty winds will result in blowing snow and
limited visibilities at times on Wednesday.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 9:57 PM PST Jan. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service