The National Weather Service in Reno has extended the
* Flood Warning for small streams for...
southern Mono County in northern California...
* until 1230 am PDT Wednesday
* rapid snowmelt in high elevation basins of Mono County where
significant deep snow is still abundant is expected to decrease
somewhat with more seasonable temperatures this week. This should
lead to a slow decrease in streamflows, but flooding may take
several days to subside significantly.
* Daily peaks the next several days are likely to be lower than
previous days, but still exceed the capacity of stream banks.
* Earlier, we received multiple reports from law enforcement and
emergency officials of raging creeks and streams affecting some
trails, campgrounds, roadways, and even a few bridges throughout
the eastern Sierra in Mono County. If you have plans to recreate
or travel in this area, it is advised that you to check ahead of
time to see if your location has been impacted.
Flooding is occurring or is imminent. It is important to know where
you are relative to streams, rivers, or creeks which can become
killers in heavy rains. Campers and hikers should avoid streams or
Lat... Lon 3759 11903 3769 11907 3774 11913 3773 11926
3779 11920 3788 11920 3795 11932 3804 11931
3809 11935 3812 11943 3809 11946 3815 11951
3819 11961 3832 11955 3842 11917 3816 11911
3801 11902 3746 11853 3746 11878
1013 am PDT Sat Jun 24 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the west Walker River near Coleville.
* Until late Wednesday night.
* At 9:30 am Saturday the stage was 6.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor to moderate flooding is
forecast to continue through mid-week.
* Forecast... the river will continue to peak each night... but
the peaks will decrease each day through Tuesday. The river will
fall below flood stage Wednesday morning and is not expected to
peak above flood stage that night.
* Impact... at 6.5 feet... moderate flooding of lowlands... pastures
and some rural roads from the west Walker River canyon to Topaz
Lake... including Walker... Coleville and Topaz California. Flooding
of structures is limited although some sandbagging necessary. In
the west Walker River canyon... flooding is possible along rural
roads and in recreation areas.
Lat... Lon 3839 11947 3859 11953 3868 11954 3859 11941 3837 11945
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mono Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 1:08 PM PDT Jun. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service