... Flood Warning extended until late Friday night... the Flood Warning
the White River at Calico Rock.
* Until late Friday night... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:15 am Sunday the stage was 14.4 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 19.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by late this morning and continue
to rise to near 32.0 feet by Monday morning.
* Impacts at 22.0 feet... in Stone County, campground at Allison
may be affected. Homeowners along the river should monitor water
levels in Baxter, stone, and Izard counties.
* Impacts at 25.0 feet... moderate flood level begins at this stage,
campground at Allison floods, primary access to campground flooded.
Izard County Road 157 flooded downstream of Guion. Homes along the
river near Guion will be affected. Backwater up Calico Creek in
Calico Rock floods City Park. Homes in the floodplain of the White
River in Baxter, Izard, and stone counties may be affected.
* Impacts at 30.0 feet... major flooding begins, most of lower lying
portions of White River Valley from Norfork to Batesville flooding.
Campgrounds and communities along the river will be flooded or isolated
by flooded roads. Homes along the river in stone and Izard counties may
be flooded. River is swift and may contain a large amount of debris.
Private and commercial boat docks should be monitored and well anchored
to the bank.
* Impacts at 32.0 feet... homes along the river in stone and Izard
counties affected. Flooding in April 2004 reached 31.6 feet at
Calico Rock and several homes were seriously damaged or destroyed.
Boswell and Mount Olive communities were cut off. Private and
commercial fishing docks need to be well anchored. Campground near
Allison will be impacted.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Upper White River
Calico roc 19 14.4 sun 08 am 32.0 23.5 20.6 19.4 18.7
Lat... Lon 3570 9178 3591 9213 3611 9225 3616 9213
3598 9198 3580 9174
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Izard Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:11 AM CDT Apr. 30, 2017 – National Weather Service